4/11/2004

Resurrection Day

Today represents the most important day on the Christian calendar. It recalls the event that separates Christianity from Islam; the resurrection. I went to a sunrise service at Arlington National Cemetary this year. Being from a Baptist background, it was very different for me. The chaplain who gave the sermon(?) used mostly poetry and some prose. I think she did a fairly good job, but I'm not quite used to that style. Same thing with the music. I think hymns are important, but personally, I want to hear somebody who can sang too. I think that there's a degree to which the performance element can be distracting, but there's also a degree to which good singing can be an integral part of the worship experience. I'll probably try to break this down some more at some point. I'll probably really talk about those first two Love Alive records while I'm at it.