2/19/2004

Here we go...

First day out. My original plan was to talk about what I think funk is by dissecting "Let A Man Come In and Do the Popcorn, Pts 1 & 2" by James Brown. I'll save that for some other time. What I will do is list what I'm reading and listening to right now. Reading: Moral Capitalism - Steven Young Rediscovering The Other America - Kilty & Segal, eds. Defending Black Faith - Keener & Usry Questions of Faith - Peter Berger School Choice and the Question of Accountability - Van Dunk and Dickman There's a God on the Mic - Kool Moe Dee Booker T. Washington and Black Progress - W. Fitzhugh Brundage, ed. Reconsidering the Souls of Black Folk - Crouch & Benjamin Listening to: Let A Man Come In And Do The Popcorn, pts 1 & 2 - James Brown The Jam - Larry Graham & Graham Central Station Give It Up - Kool & The Gang Everybody Ought To Know - Tramaine Hawkins Ain't No Sunshine - Roy Ayers Funky Robot - Rufus Thomas Give Me A Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer - Bessie Smith