6/09/2004

Coming Soon

- Why As is Stevie Wonder's best song - Is there really such a thing as "hip-hop culture?" - some other good ole goodies But for now... More funky drum breaks
  • Yes We Can Can – Pointer Sisters (3:38) The funk of this beat saturates the whole song, though. Even when they're singing over it, there's just no hiding this funk. I'm gonna hafta do some research to see who the drummer is on this track.
  • Apache – Incredible Bongo Band (0:01) Wow. Every time I hear this song, I think about my friend's pop, who plays the congas. I wonder if it influenced him.
  • I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little Bit More – Barry White (0:01). Hurtin' em. Almost seems too funky to be on a love ballad.
  • I Just Wanna Celebrate – Rare Earth (2:44) Nasss-D. Excellent display of a tightly controlled but powerful break.