6/01/2004

Whas'nEVER I Play, It's Got To Be FUNKY

  • My Writes - De La Soul, feat. Tha Liks
  • Come Clean - Jeru Tha Damaja
  • Cha Cha Cha - MC Lyte
  • Esoteric Circle - Jan Garbarek
  • Ain't No Sunshine - Roy Ayers
  • A little story here...I like going to used record stores, but I hate it when the people who work there automatically assume they know more than the customers. I know this song was originally recorded by Bill Withers, but I also know who I'm listening to right now. I'm like, "Do you have Ain't No Sunshine as recorded by Roy Ayers?? See right there, I'm not acting as if Roy Ayers is the original artist, I said, "as recorded by." Anyway, the dude is like, "That's Bill Withers." I started to come at his neck, but I was just like, "I know, but I'm looking for the Roy Ayers version." He didn't have it anyway. I should've known better, though. This was the same dude that tried to tell me that Bootsy never played with James Brown. The Rolling Stones or the Beatles or Elvis, he could'a got me on. James Brown? No shot.
  • You're Right Ray Charles - Joe Tex
  • I'm gonna base a blog on this meta-song.
  • Mannish Boy - Muddy Waters
  • The Jam - Larry Graham & Graham Central Station