7/07/2004

Stuff I Forgot to Mention

As a cleanup to that post on Songs In The Key of Life, I said that I would break it up into sides "like it was when I got my chubby little fingers on it." Only thing is, I forgot that when they made double albums, sides 1 and 4 were on the same plate and sides 2 and 3 were on the same plate. That way, when the second record had played and you flipped it over, side 3 would already be on top. I was reminded of this because I copped the plates of SITKOL Monday. It was the full album, complete with booklet and A Something's Extra. Needless to say I was giddy. If I had'a had some more money, I would've jumped on that first Pointer Sisters album, too. So I guess I officially have a new favorite record store in Philly. I forget the name of it, but it's on 40th street btw Walnut and Locust, and they sell comics and records. I think I've said this before, but if they had been there when I lived in Philly, I would've been broke. *** This is two months solid for seeing dudes with a box. And I'm not talking about people my age, I'm talking about people who were adults when that was the style. Let '88 rest. Cuz if I see a chick rockin some doorknocker earrings, it's officially over. *** Just as soon as you make an honest decision to do something, the temptation to do the opposite comes in force. Without getting into too many details, suffice it to say that I've been seeing good-looking jawns in places I've never seen them. Amazing. *** I think I'm glad Coach K didn't take the Lakers job. I do want to see Shaq go to Dallas, however. If I could pick anywhere, I'd have him go to the Sixers, of course, but Dallas would be good too.